I can only assume this was in a girl's bedroom, but that didn't stop my creative juices from flowing! =)
I tried to take off the hooks so they wouldn't get paint on them, but I could only get one off,
so I taped off the other two.
Then I took her outside and gave her a good spray painting.
This is Rustoleum Painter's Touch in Aqua (love this color!)
Then I gave it a good roughing up with some sand paper,
paying close attention to the edges.
Then I painted on some stain, then wiped it off with an old rag and got this:
I love how the stain stuck in the beadboard cracks--so rustic and beachy!
The middle hook just happened to bust off mid-sanding--weird.
I am going to hang this in my bedroom tomorrow!